Monday, March 30, 2009

Brr...


This weekend was cold. Some people already packed away their winter clothes and after my beach weekend I didn’t think I would be wearing a scarf…well, maybe ever again (just kidding, I’m bringing that fad to the U.S.).


Friday was a t-shirt wearing scorcher with a hint of cool mountain breeze, just gorgeous Segovian weather. Saturday, temps took a nosedive. The doctor ordered windy with a hint of snow that wouldn’t stick but never the less was unexpected. We visited a glass museum (this picture reminded me of a paraquas-umbrella)…nice change from the paintings. and La Granja (an exuberant garden that was too cold to see and a baroque style palace that was very similar from room to room.


It was over-decorated, glamorized and golden for the 18 century. Saturday night I took it easy…no, I took my indulgences easy. I charged my brain Friday and Saturday night and finished a book that is due soon. I’ve been focusing on my studies lately since we are nearing the end of the semester (12 days of school left?!...). Sunday was a random excursion to near by places, but more like a chance for Gladys to do some more shopping. Everyone was kind of worn out for loosing an hour (Spain’s daylight savings) and just the monotony of seeing Castle-Leon towns. I feel bad because we saw one of the best preserved medieval towns, but besides looking quaint, picturesque, adorable, rocky, splendidly old fashion…there wasn’t much to do except wonder why the streets were empty and sit in the plaza alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment