Thursday, February 5, 2009

Barcelona



Hey there...I'm sorry to say that blogging has been kinda a chore, but I like to update you all. I have been keeping a journal and have been sending emails and wanting to do more skype but I'm limited on when I can get internet access. Anyway Barcelona was a fun excursion/a break from school.

We left at 6:30 on friday morning. I (kidding) thought it may be a good idea to leave my house at 5:30...go to a club because this is when its really going and stay until we had to be at the bus station. I reluctantly, intelligently decided against it. 7 hour bus ride...it went quick, didn't get much sleep on it. Got to Barcelona around 3 or 4 and went to Guell park, build by Gaudi, unfinished..it was supposed to have 60 houses but he died and only built 3. Really cool outlay, reminded me of something outta Star Wars...I wouldn't have been suprised to see an ewok or maybe some of the members from Alice and Wonderland. Actually Gaudi was my favorite from Barcelona, more than the Picasso Museum (that we saw on Sunday).

Anyway, we went back to the hotel (much nicer than the one in Madrid), with a 24 hour included buffet. We saved a ton of money on this, but it also hindered us from going out to Barcelona restaurants. A love hate relationship you could say (cuz the food got a bit repeditive...sorry for the English majors out there, not 100% on my spelling). Naps...then a few of us met up with a friend who is studying abroad there, walked down the Ramblas (supposedly the most pickpocketed place in Europe)...went to a few bars, and declined a club that was on the beach because it costed 20 euro (not like that has stopped me before). We decided to leave our new friends and head home, only to get lost for an hour :). Walking is the main attraction in spain so it was a fun night anyway.

Saturday, the rain in spain stays mainly on the plain...and barcelona. Luckly I was napping when it was pouring perros y gatos. We saw Montjuvi (check spelling)...a castle with a good view of Barcelona and an overlook of the mediterranean, from there it reminded me of San Francisco...anyway...we had a good balance of staying with the group and being able to explore on our own.

Sunday, Picasso Museum and La Sagrada Familia...went shopping on the Ramblas and bought a FCB aqua jersey-probably will be my best buy in Spain. Then we went down to the Pier, enjoyed the atmosphere and palm trees. Overall, big city=fun but glad I don't live there.

No comments:

Post a Comment