Sunday, January 4, 2009

Thrifty delays

Well, my aunt Annette is pretty wonderful. She was able to switch my standby ticket from today to this upcoming Thursday. The good news is I get to spend a few extra days with my family and I save some money for hostels and food during the days I would have been in Spain. I also get to watch the Vikings game (God bless their souls), play a little more pond hockey, and prepare a bit more before I go. The bad news is I am not in Spain! I'm getting antsy. I had my whole backpack packed and now I have to sit and anticipate. I hope its true that good things come to those who wait. And to tip the stress meter, it is standby ticket. I hope I make the flight, otherwise I'll be late for the program.

What this all boils down to...is that if I haven't seen you this Christmas break, God has bestowed a few extra days for me to see you! I hope to make the most out of St. Paul if I'm missing Spain because of it! God Bless and go Vikings!

1 comment:

  1. DJ!

    Good luck kid... Looks like you're living up to our list and you're DOING THINGS! :)... I've done a few standby tickets myself, so hopefully you ended up squeezing in on the flight earlier today. I'm not sure what airline you're on, but Aaron's flight left this morning, so that'd be sweet if you randomly saw him.. haha... I'll keep an eye on this, and hope to talk to you soon.

    Later,
    Kyle

    ReplyDelete